Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Doing What You Love

Luckily I have been involved with some great businesses and people. Even though some of those businesses failed I was still able to walk away with a great learning experience. I am always looking for ways to improve how I am doing things with my business,friends,loved ones and so on. I want to be the best that I can be and I strive to make that happen.

I started my first business over 10 years ago. It was a lawn service company. I took the simple approach and just went door to door with homes that their yard looked like it needed a good cut. I didn't get into the business because I loved cutting grass or being outside. I did it for one reason and that was "money". I needed some extra cash and I figured out an easy way to do it.

Well through the years I have moved on from cutting lawns and went into a more white collar field of work. I have a hobby; saltwater aquariums and I love every minute of it. So I decided to make a career out of servicing fish tanks for Dr. offices, schools, etc. and like any business it takes time to establish a clientele. With this business I felt I needed to create it with a partner. I am not going to say anything negative about a partnership but I will go into detail on another post in the future.

I thought this business was it for me. It was best of both worlds, I loved aquariums and I wanted to own my own company. As the years went on I started to realize that how I envisioned it and how it actually turned out was not at all what I wanted. It is funny how we have dreams of things and how they are supposed to be.

Long story short, really be careful with your decision making and what your future goals are. It is important to do something you love but make sure you know what it is that you love doing. I still have the aquarium business but through its creation I fell in love with something much greater. I found a real passion for internet marketing and teaching others how to internet market. There is a reward for what I do and at the end of the day I am able to reach out to people that will ultimately be a long term friendship.

God Bless,
Tim

Stumble Upon Toolbar

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post! Keep it up you will do great! =) I am so proud of you!
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete


Best Games On The Web

Banner Maker