Monday, March 2, 2009

A Business Entrepreneur Mind? Part 2

If you did not read part 1 just scroll down and read it first. I wanted to talk about a very recent experience with a potential client. So I am going to start by asking you this question.

How much are you worth?

NEVER EVER SELL YOURSELF SHORT OF WHAT YOU ARE WORTH!!!!

I want to make this one very clear to you. Your knowledge and ability comes with a price to someone else. Do not make the mistake that you are charging too much or you are over priced. Most people have a set value for something already in their head so when they do ask for your services it can go any direction. I will tell you that you will have more confidence in yourself if you stand up and never sell yourself short.

The biggest problems come from helping friends or family members. This one is a bit tricky because you want to do the right thing but you still need to make money for your time. I will advise you to never give them a better deal; it will bite you in the butt. For some reason they think you owe them or they can repay you with a favor....not true at all. Ask any legit business owner and they will tell you that most of their problems came from doing someone a favor.

I don't know about you, but it is in my blood to be the nice guy and help others at no charge. This has caused me many complications, mainly with my business partner (wife). I am not saying she is a bad person, it is just the opposite, she is absolutely right and I should listen to her. Business is business and it will only survive like one when it is treated like one. Never forget that, it is very important for you to realize that running a successful business means following rules and procedures. I am an Internet marketer. I have spent years of my time on the Internet learning all the new tricks and websites to use and not use. I know how much I am worth and so does the person who will pay me for my time/service. Their success will prove that what I shared with them was good.

By now it is no surprise that I like quizzes but this time I am going to give you a task. I want you to sit down with a pen and paper. Write down your years of experience in your field of work. Be very specific of what you did in those years (college,tech school,books read,hands on, etc...). Now that you have a list of what you did you can put a better value of what you are worth. I will tell you that the best experience I have had is DOING. I am able to determine what works and what doesn't work. Give it a try and let me know what you came up with.

God Bless,
Tim

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment


Best Games On The Web

Banner Maker